From TJ: The theory behind Stockholming Myself, something I made up that is composed of absolutely zero science, is that if I take the dreaded full-length body shot picture every single day, I will either notice gradual change from my diet & exercise plan or, failing that, will learn to like what I’ve got based on continual, unrelenting exposure.
Day 4. Another self timer picture, today for some reason my camera decided to cooperate easily so I'm no longer tempted to go buy a remote for it. My hair is in that awkward growing-from-short stage where it really has a mind of it's own. I'm normally not too concerned with it, but my bangs today are driving me nuts - see that little wave/curl at the middle of my forehead? DO NOT LIKE. Anyhow. Shirt from Costco, Jeans from Costco, socks I knitted.
I have noticed a trend in how I dress/get ready every day, and it seems backwards to me. The less I feel like doing it, the more care I take. Like yesterday I was having a crummy morning, and a crummy day, and I made sure to put on makeup and picked out my better jewellery. Today I woke up feeling exhausted, so I picked a red shirt in the hopes that no one would notice how tired I am. Weird, or normal?
Today is my Sunday, I'm back to work tomorrow. That means today is cleaning, shopping, and hopefully getting some food prep done for the next few days.
7 years ago

I wish my hair looked half that good when it grows out! Love your red shirt, too, by the way. I'm wearing an orange shirt for the same reason, lol! :-)
ReplyDeleteHA! I have those jeans, I have that top, and I LOVE the socks I knit :) They're perfect for such a dreary day as today... In fact, I'm going to put mine on as soon as I post this comment.
ReplyDeleteDressing "up" or taking care when feeling icky is probably the smartest thing you can possibly do :) Definitely not weird at all, and it should be made into a rule for all to follow.
You look great in red! :)
ReplyDeleteI seem to go back and forth between schlumpy clothes/pony tails and taking extra care on bad days - maybe it's the level of bad day?
@ Maria: thanks! A recent haircut helps the growing out pain. LOL.
ReplyDelete@ Zoei: Knitters unite! And costco-ers!
@ Chibi: thanks! Yes, level of bad day definately impacts it. The fact that my hair is too short to ponytail helps I suppose. If I don't do my hair, EVERYONE knows it because it stands up every which way.
That is a gorgeous shade of red, and it looks really good on you.
ReplyDeleteCount me in as someone who takes extra care on bad days. It also takes me longer as I'm trying to decide what will improve my mood!
I definately pay more attention to makeup/dress when I'm grumpy/tired/in a bad mood. When I'm happy and carefree any old thing will do.
ReplyDelete